The recreational program is for all players, whether new or experienced, from ages 3 - 16. The primary objective in the recreational program is to have fun with an emphasis on sportsmanship, good play, and following the laws of the game of soccer. It is entirely coached by parent and community volunteers.
We rely on our 200+ coaches to help keep our team sizes manageable and to maximize each child's time touching the ball and playing the game. Please consider helping out!
Spring 2013 Age Groups, Offerings, and Game Days
Age Group_Game Day_Offerings Chart.pdf
Fall 2013 Dates
· June 1 – early bird registration opens (your discount will be reflected on the payment screen during registration)
· August 1 - registration ends at midnight
· August 2 – registration taken on "space available" basis with late fee of $25
· August 14 – last day to withdrawal and receive 100% refund (must email Rec Registrar)
· August 15 - refunds are 50% (after 8/31 there are no refunds)
· August 16 – team assignments for U12 and up available via player registration website
· August 17 – Pre-season coaches' meeting and clinic - mandatory for ALL coaches (9:30 - 11:00 AM, Arizona Avenue. Fields)
· Week of August 19 – practice begins for age groups U12 and up
· August 21 – team assignments for U10 and below available via player registration website
· Week of August 26 – practice begins for age groups U5-U10
· September 7 – practice/games begin for U4 and games begin for U5 and up
· November 9 – last game
A Note About Team Formation
Every season, there are over 800 children registered for recreational soccer. As you can imagine, team formation can be complicated. Our goal is to create balanced teams to ensure as enjoyable a season as possible. We try to consider a number of factors to create balanced teams. During registration, parents are allowed to indicate one friend their child would like to play with and any practice day conflicts. Every attempt will be made to honor "reciprocal" friend requests (both children's parents make the same request) when their indicated practice preference days don't conflict. We do not accept coach requests. Coaches are allowed to pick their co-coach, or make a friend request, but not both. We try to keep teams together (to the extent that children and coaches re-enroll and we are fielding the same number of teams) from fall to spring, but are freshly formed each fall. At U12 and up, teams can elect to stay together from year to year.